Stories

It gets harder with every breath
The silence pierces my mind

What was I thinking and who was I?
Too many choices passing by

I'm getting older
I'm trying hard not to get colder

But this life I'm sinking in
Takes a hold of my bitterness

I'm trying to breathe
I'm trying so much to believe

Is there anything
Anything left inside of me

I needed you there in the darkness
You left me like the sunlight
Now my heart is departed
My luck has been burnt out inside

If you ever find me
I hope that you find it there
That piece of you that was broken
See how much I really cared
Even when you didn't want to be there

Voices in my sleep
Telling me softly
Don't let fools endanger dreams

If your words are your armor
Why does it feel so weak?

That's all you had then
It's all I'll ever keep

If we could go back and make things right
Would it matter that I was left broken inside?

While you were stacking your credibility
On degrees and cash with men from TV

And all I wanted was just a dream
It was too much and I guess it wasn't for me

But your lies took my breath from me
I fell into this never ending misery

And you never cared

I'm sure that you're doing better now
I've finally got into my own place and without

Without the help of some perfect danger
A man with hurt but no way to control his anger

But you never knew yourself
How could you know somebody else

With your words like a dagger
That's all I remember

How you turned against me
Acted like I was so empty

Like I didn't feel anything at all
You were too proud to make the call

So in the wind my voice will carry
The things I never could say

I hope your doing fine without me
I know I'll never know love the same

But I throw away everything
You've got the lock and key

So much bitterness in me
But I'm still learning to see

I'm still trying to breathe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chime Card: No Support For Android Pay (UPDATED)

Life Update {Apartment life + roommate}

Manipulation (Earth)