Fairweather

We're not perfect
I don't tend to linger
Never get the good

No one bothers
Being the close one
You always get them
I can't win

So I stick to myself
Where at least I matter

In a box full of change
Nothing shatters

Tell me are, tell me are
Are we too much, too much
To dig deeper than this

You don't care, you don't care
About anything but what you get

Am I important to you?
Am I important to you?
It doesn't matter if I lose
If I'm something to you
What are we?

Your friends make fun of me
Clashing my emotions against my skin
See it on their faces
You don't care, it's not your place and
I scream out at night for something better

You hold me back
I'm always hurting

Tell me are, tell me are
Are we too much, too much
To dig deeper than this

You don't care, you don't care
About anything but what you get

Am I important to you?
Am I important to you?
It doesn't matter if I lose
If I'm something to you
What are we?

Heart screaming loudly
Won't this ever change
The ghost of envy
Make the torment run from me

I know it could be better
If I leave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chime Card: No Support For Android Pay (UPDATED)

Life Update {Apartment life + roommate}