Green (Version II)

I see the way they stare at you
Like your some kind of light in the dark

They all want to be with you
They want to break someone else's heart

If this is freedom
Why should I stay?

A burden like tomorrow
We're only standing in the way

All the boys see colour
They want what they don't need

I've tried to be the best one
It's nothing in your company

Do you know how it feels, to be cold in the dark?
Do you know how it hurts, when they won't know who you are?
Do you care if I just walk away?

Some people can make it, others try to fake it
It's a constant struggle trying to be good enough
Everyone wants you, no one notices the rest of us
Guess this is how life goes, they only see green

Your always the best friend to everyone
I get caught up in anger, cause I'm the only one
I see you for who you are, I know your mistakes
I'm always learning, trying not to get carried away

But this spirit you keep around you
Sucks away the good in my life
It's stealing my freedom, my choice to smile
You always get the people, I'm left in the dust

With or without reason, I become too much


Do you know how it feels, to be cold in the dark?
Do you know how it hurts, when they won't know who you are?
Do you care if I just walk away?

Some people can make it, others try to fake it
It's a constant struggle trying to be good enough
Everyone wants you, no one notices the rest of us
Guess this is how life goes, they only see green


I guess it's good I'm self-sufficient
I don't really need those faces that show
All you men are the same
You just want to push the good ones away

You're too busy chasing after green

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chime Card: No Support For Android Pay (UPDATED)

Manipulation (Earth)

Dear God