Language?

June 29, 2015

Best Friend

You manipulate your way through life
You've got them strung out like little lies

The boys want to fight
Kill off the good in all the light

You think you're some kind of angel
Like you've got the best

You act like you're a prophet
You're just another test

Hold me down, you take away my smile
I need to breathe now, I need to let myself fly
You always burn my desire, to be someone like you
You always take away from me, but you'd never know you do

They follow you like a cult leader
Think that you've got all the answers
The truth is too bitter, so they want all the lies

You've got them locked in
Playing with their heads
Just get those pictures, maybe even a little fabric
Changing your mind like rain drops
It's impossible to keep in touch

You want their problems so you can solve them
Sometimes it's not enough

Hold me down, you take away my smile
I need to breathe now, I need to let myself fly
You always burn my desire, to be someone like you
You always take away from me, but you'd never know you do

You act like you're a prophet
Like you're the best

You don't even see it
You don't even see it

I keep my loves in distance
I don't want them to be fooled

I know they will be weak
Tumble right after you

This love is mine
That spirit you find

This love is mine
Don't take from me this time

No comments:

Post a Comment