Language?

August 4, 2014

The Great Lie

I guess, I think
I'm missing you

I know, I'm certain
I'm wishing for you

You've beaten me down
Stolen every piece of my heart
Used me for what you needed
Then I stood their falling apart

I bet you're smiling so much right now
Does the taste invite you to keep going down?
Tell me, do you feel like a man?

Was the sex you got really worth it?
(Was it worth it, was it worth it?)
Was leaving your friends behind part of the plan?
(Was it worth it, was it worth it?)
Was never loving me just something that you did?
(Was it worth it, was it worth it?)
Were you ever really a man?

I don't think you are

When you kiss those gutter lips, how do you feel?
When you're pressed up against the wall, do you feel real?
Empty and void, are you just settling for toys?
All I've ever seen is you act like a little boy
Being ruthless, never accepted
I get it, I get it

Was it worth it? (X4)

Was the sex you got really worth it?
(Was it worth it, was it worth it?)
Was leaving your friends behind part of the plan?
(Was it worth it, was it worth it?)
Was never loving me just something that you did?
(Was it worth it, was it worth it?)
Were you ever really a man?

I don't think you are

I'll go down in history
Being one of the few
The witness of your lies
The great betrayal you hide

I bet you don't even think about any of us
You know the ones that were there before the lust

Take all the pills and drinks to feel alive
Smoke away the feeling you held inside

Was it worth it? (X4)
(Were you ever, were you ever)

Were you ever really a man?
I don't think you are




No comments:

Post a Comment