We may have differences but...

Together, we work and get things done. Me and Michelle have had some misunderstandings lately and though it's been a bit tragic in some of the conversations we've had. I've learned a lot about business and about how to keep your ethics in tact. Though her and I don't always agree on how the job should be done; she still believes in me. When I came in for my interview and told her about my writing and how much it's meant to me; she knew then that she wanted to help me in my job so that it would expand to my writing.

She told me the other day after a conversation that I should write down every thought I have in a notebook. No matter how small or big or how vague or bold it may seem. Writing down things are key to letting go of any part of a situation you choose to and I'm learning that by me writing things down before I say them; I can vent and get my positive outlook back without letting the darker side of me take control. I guess in a sense you could say that I've learned that what I might want to consider doing; is journalism and/or writing books. I know, I probably have a long way to go before I reach the full picture for that but as a hobby so far; it's a start. I know and I'm confident that in my belief of everyone who supports me; I can do it. I can be a success. I can make a difference in some way; whether it be just writing about things that I feel or think about or writing down important events in my life that have helped shape me to this point in my life.

I feel older than I am these days. I've already started getting gray hairs (stress is proven to speed up the process of graying/discoloration in hair by the way) and I hardly care about makeup anymore. Often times now; I go to work without it because it's hot and well, who do I need to impress. I'm fine how I am and if a guy or business people can't accept the real me; they could never accept the dolled up version of me neither. Regardless however, I'm confident that it doesn't matter. At the end of the day; I come to work to do a job. A job that may not be the best in the world or one I planned for but nonetheless; it's a place to grow. A place to really find myself within the real world again.

So to my manager Michelle, thank you for showing you want to help me and for telling me that I have a lot of potential. I think in time, I'll learn to grow into the person I am meant to be. I'm meant to do something in life. I just know so and I have to keep going to find it. Someday, just someday...I'll be as bright as the northern lights...always inviting something good into my dream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chime Card: No Support For Android Pay (UPDATED)

Say It Right - Cover - Karaoke