Language?

March 18, 2012

Breathing

Like water, it streams through my veins
The wind picks up and I hear his name secretly
I wonder if I'm doing the right thing
I wish that I wasn't feeling like I'm pretending
Cause I do, I do...
Believe in your faith

It's hard to turn off the bad in life
It's tough to realize what you don't need inside
It's great when things get better; you look more towards forever
But it can't prove you worthy of his might
Cause truthfully we'll never be right

For years I've been ashamed to let go
Afraid to voice my heart and open this window
Now it's gone; the air comes quicker
I can see it in these eyes in the mirror
I can do much better than I have
There's no point in looking back
When I'm still here breathing

Like a nurse, it creates a place I need
The happiness that love sometimes couldn't bring
I wonder if I'm doing the right thing
I wish sometimes that I could change everything
Cause I do, I do...
Believe in your name


For years I've been ashamed to let go
Afraid to voice my heart and open this window
Now it's gone; the air comes quicker
I can see it in these eyes in the mirror
I can do much better than I have
There's no point in looking back
When I'm still here breathing


Out of all the words that have been embedded in my head
These days are numbered and I've begun to paint them in vivid reds
Like willow trees just waiting to die
I'm much more than just alive
Cause I do, I do...
Believe in you instead

No comments:

Post a Comment