My first Android device

I finally did what I've been saying I was going to do for a few years now. I geared up and worked my ass off to get the great Android phone; the LG Optimus V from Virgin Mobile.

While it doesn't have Flash support; or HotSpot tethering; neither of which I will miss considering I already do most of my video watching and use my Flash programs on my Chromebook. Virgin Mobile has moderately priced this phone at $149.99 and including tax (in my area at least) it will cost a max of just $160.49 (tax is what will kill you around these parts) and it comes with a 2GB SD card pre-installed, boasting a great display and runs fast and smoothly on a dual core processor.

It will take me a few days to write a review here but when I get the phone; I'll be sure to post all about it and hint what it's like. I've looked online and it's possible to root and add a custom ROM to the phone with a few programs and a few command prompts. So far, people have been using Cyagenmod 7.1 and have stated very very nil problems.

Looks like I will be busy not only going back to my writing job (yes, it's a job and I'm glad I was reminded that I was never fired from it) and then play with my new smartphone; something I never had before in my life. I've never even played with an Android phone before; so this should be rather interesting I believe.

Until the review, fin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chime Card: No Support For Android Pay (UPDATED)

Life Update {Apartment life + roommate}

Manipulation (Earth)